East Coast Towing Inc. DBA lvey's Towing & Transport, Inc.
As part of our employment process, we may obtain where permitted, one or more consumer reports or Investigative consumer reports about you that we obtain from a consumer reporting agency, such as: IIX, a Verisk Analytics Business, 1716 Briarcrest Drive. Suite 200, Bryan, Texas 77802
- Consumer reports may Include background, employment history, academic and/or professional credentials, military service, credit history, and driving history. The Information gathered also may Involve a criminal history and/or alcohol or drug use history, If any.
- An investigative consumer report may Include Information about your character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living that may be obtained by interviews with individuals who may have knowledge concerning any such Items of information. This also may Include contacts of an listed prior employers to verify your employment history.
- If your employment falls under the federal Department of Transportation ("DOT") and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ("FMCSA"), Including 49CFR §391.23, the report could include your driving, safety inspection and performance history from the FMCSA.
Under the provisions of the Fa Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq.; FMCSA regulations In the Federal Code of Regulations, Including 49 CFR § 40.329; and certain state laws, before we can seek such reports, where permitted, we must have your written permission to obtain the Information. You have the right upon written request, to a complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation. You also are entitled to a copy of that document entitled "Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting A . Under the FCRA, before we take adverse action on the basis, In whole or in part, of Information Ina consumer report, you will be provided a copy of that report, the name, address, and telephone number of the consumer reporting agency, and a summary of your rights under the FCRA.
- Notice to California Applicants: Under California law, the reports ordered about you for employment purposes within the State of California are defined as "Investigative consumer reports.
- These reports may contain Information on your character, general reputation, personal characteristics and mode of living.
Under California Civil Code§ 1786.22, you may view the report(s) maintained at DX during normal business hours. You also may obtain a copy by submitting proper identification end paying the cost of duplication by appearing at iiX in person, by mall, or by telephone. iiX Is required lo have personnel available lo
explain the report(s) and to explain any coded Information. If you appear in person, you may be accompanied by a person of your choice, Ifs/he furnishes proper Identification.
- Notice to Massachusetts Applicants: Under Massachusetts law, an employer is prohibited from making written, pre-employment inquires of an applicant about his or her criminal history. MASSACHUSETTS APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS SEEKING CRIMINAL RECORD INFORMATION. 1 Customer Is urged lo consult with Its own legal counsel to verify any Disclosure and Authorization created complies with regulatory requirements. Version 2015.1 SAMPLE DISCLOSURE AND AUTHORIZATION LANGUAGE2 EXEMPLAR FOR DEMONSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY AND ISNOT MEANT TO PROVIDE LEGAL GUIDANCE OR ADVICE OF ANY KIND. AUTHORIZATION TO OBTAIN INFORMATION
I have read and understood the preceding Disclosure to Consumer. Under the Fa Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., the regulations applicable to the federal Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration, including 49 CFR § 40.329, the Americans with Dishabilles Act and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws, I hereby authorize and permit the above named company to obtain Information about me, where permitted, which may pertain to my employment records, driving history records, driving performance and safety history, criminal history, credit history, civil records, workers' compensation (post-offer only), alcohol and drug testing, verification or my academic and/or professional credentials, and Information and/or copies of documents from any military service records.
I understand an "investigative consumer report" may Include Information as to my character, general reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living that may be obtained by interviews with individuals who may have knowledge concerning any such Items of Information. I authorize information to be obtained from my former employers to satisfy driver qualification regulations.
DOT Drivers. I understand that Title 49 of the Federal Code of Regulations, § 391.23, requires that my prospective employer and/or Its agent(s) may contact all former employers of a driver Within the last three years under the regulation of the Department of Transportation. Information such as dates of employment position, accident history, as well as Information pertaining to my drug and alcohol testing history, may be requested from each employer In accordance with Section 391.23 and 49 CFR 40.25.
By signing below, I consent to and authorize the gathering of this Information by my prospective employer or employer and those who my prospective employer or employer has engaged to request and obtain this information Including former employers, and/or from or through a consumer reporting agency, such as HX, a Verisk Analytics Business.
I understand and acknowledge that the Information provided in the consumer reports or investigative consumer reports may assist my employer or prospective employer to make a determination regarding my suitability as an employee.
I further understand that under the FCRA, in the event of Adverse Action, I may request a copy of any consumer report from the consumer reporting agency that completed the report, after I have provided proper identification.
I agree that a copy of this authorization has the same effect as an original. Where permitted, this authorization shall remain In effect over the course of my employment and reports may be ordered periodically during the course of my employment.